Gujarat Plus - Gujarat on Web
Rediscover Gujrat .....Rediscover the Gujrati in You
REHABILITATION SCHEME FOR THE
COTTAGE, VILLAGE INDUSTRIES AND SELF-EMPLOYED ARTISANS IN THE EARTH-QUAKE
An earthquake struck on the Republic Day of 26th January 2001 has caused damage in the State. The units in the cottage sector, activities based on village-industries and the artisans engaged in artisanship have been either completely or partially damaged. On account of the situation arisen due to this, the artisans in these areas are helpless and unemployed. It is therefore felt necessary to immediately create an arrangement so as to enable them to get re-employed to earn their livelihood. The matter was under active consideration of Government to re-establish such artisans in their relevant fields of artisanship.
The Government therefore, after due consideration have resolved to sanction a package of assistance to artisans who are engaged in cottage sector, activities based on village-industries and self employed artisans in the affected areas of seismic zones IV and V (Annexure-1) declared after the earthquake of 26th January, 2001 and aftershocks experienced thereafter.
1.0 Implement Assistance Scheme for Artisans
1.1 Purpose: Under the scheme, assistance will be extended to self-employed artisans affected due to earthquake in the form of financial assistance for purchase of implements with the objective of making them to be employed or enhancement thereof.
1.2 Eligibility for Assistance.
(1) The age limit of the beneficiary shall be between 18-60 years.
1.3 Financial Assistance: The financial assistance will be in the form of implements up to a maximum of Rs.2, 500/-
1.4 General conditions:
(1) The implements will be provided for the vocation prescribed for the activities related to self-employment.
(2) The applications received will be considered by a Committee and District Industries Centre will implement the same.
(1) The Scheme will be implemented through Commissioner - Cottage Industries.
(2) The implements will be purchased by Commissioner - Cottage Industries through CSPO.
(3) The distribution of implements will be made by GRIMCO to the artisans at their door steps. For the activities of distribution of implements, GRIMCO will be paid @ 7.5% of the cost of implements. This payment will be released by the concerned District Industries Centre.
2.0 Implementation Committee
Following committee has been constituted for implementation of above scheme.
2.1 Taluka Level Committee:-
(1) Additional Collector Chairman
(2) Additional District Development Officer Member
(3) Taluka Development Officer Member
(4) Mamlatdar Member
(5) General Manager or Manager, DIC Member Secretary
This Committee will scrutinise and accord sanction to the applications submitted by DIC under this scheme and will forward the sanctioned applications to District Industries Centre for implementation. The Committee will supervise the functioning for the time bound and efficient disposal of the implementation of all the activities.
Details of locations declared under seismic zone IV and V vide GR No.CLS-162001-1403(5)-S.3 dated 14/3/2001 by Revenue Dept., Government of Gujarat
Seismic Zone-V (Very high vulnerability zone)
All the talukas of the district of Kutch
Seismic Zone-IV (High vulnerability zone)
Content source : Gujarat Government.
• Pictures from A'bd
• Pictures from Surat
• Clinton's visit to Gujarat
• Jaanwar ! The beast beneath Gujarat - by Ken Vrana
• Help Centre in India
• Help Centre in USA
• Help Line numbers
• Dist Helpline num
• Adopting Children
• Earthquake Fact file
• Video Reports
News source :- GujaratPlus.com News Service, rediff.com, times of india.com, express india.com etc
This site is dedicated to our friend Younus M, who passed away on 28th Sept 00, and left on us an indelible memories ! - Team GujaratPlus.com