2 cup wheat flour
2 tbsp. curds
water to knead dough
salt to taste
oil to deep fry
2 potatoes boiled peeled and sliced
1 onion chopped
2 green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp. ginger finely chopped
1/2 tsp. garlic crushed
3-4 pinches turmeric powder
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. oil
1 tbsp. coriander finely chopped
1/2 tsp. each cumin & mustard seeds
- Mix curds in the flour, add
- Knead soft pliable dough with
- Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into10-12 parts,
shape into balls.
- Roll each into 4" rounds
with the help of some oil or dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan, fry on
both sides till light brown.
- Drain the oil on a kitchen
- Serve hot with bhaji.
- Heat oil in a pan, add the seeds
and allow to splutter.
- Add the ginger, garlic, chilli,
onion and stir for till onion is tender.
- Add potatoes, salt, turmeric and
- Stir well and cook for a minute
- Transfer to bowl, garnish with
- Serve hot with pooris.
Making time: Poories: 30
Bhaji: 15 minutes Makes: 2 servings of both