1 cup long grain rice, washed and
soaked in water
1 spring onion
3-4 french beans
1 tbsp. cabbage
2 green chillies slit
2 tomatoes grated
1 tbsp. ketchup
salt to taste
4 cups water
2 ghee or oil
1/2 tsp. each ginger and garlic paste.
- Cut all the vegetables into
thick long strips.
- Heat ghee in a nonstick large
pan. Add the cloves and ginger garlic pastes. Stir.
- Add the cut vegetables and
chillies and stirfry for 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the rice and add to
vegetables, stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the tomato, salt, water and
- Bring to a boil. Cover and
simmer on low till done.
- In between check for salt and
chilli and add a bit more water if necessary. Stir gently.
- To be eaten steaming hot.
Can be made while your main kitchen routine is being done. Keep
in fridge and heat well in microwave or other oven while eating.
Making time: 30 minutes.
Makes: 3 cups