- Take 2 cups wheat flour, add 1/2
tsp. salt and mix well with fingers.
- Add a little water at a time and
mix to bind the dough loosely.
- Now use both hands and knead
dough till a soft, elastic, texture is obtained.
- For still more smoothness,
grease palms with a bit of ghee.
- Now knead dough again, lightly.
- Cover with a moist muslin cloth
and keep for 10 minutes at least before using.
- If made many hours ahead or if
extra, store in refrigerator.
- Take care to cover well or wrap
in clingfilm to keep the texture same.
- To make chappaties or phulkas,
refer rotis, naans etc.
- This dough will make about 15
Note: Use this same method to
bind other doughs, like bhature, naan, etc.