200 gms. plain flour (maida)
20 gms. gram flour (besan)
200 gms. sugar
few drops yellow colour
2 tbsp. milk
ghee to deep fry
a plastic easy squeeze bottle
- Sieve 100 gms. maida and besan
- Make a batter using warn water.
- Keep aside for 24 hours.
- Add remaining maida and food
colour and more warm water if required.
- The batter should fall easily
when poured - Not too thick not too thin.
- Keep aside.
- Make syrup of the sugar by
adding water and boiling.
- Add the milk and all the scum to
form while boiling.
- Make one string syrup. Strain.
- Fill bottle with batter. The
nozzle should have a hole the thickness of a knitting needle.
- Heat ghee well in a shallow
frying pan and form jalebis in the form of concentric circles
about 2 inches on the outside.
- Fry till crisp, drop into hot
syrup. Drain with a perforated spoon, serve hot.