It is traditionally a Goan recipe. The absolutely delicious kind
which brings back memories of sitting around a huge dining table
with the family, all chock full and content with good food and
companionship. A true family winner, it tastes marvellous with
- Fish - Rawas, Surmai or Halwaa
- 1 Onion (cut in strips)
- 1 inch Ginger (make paste)
- 10-12 Green Chillies(chopped)
- 1 stem Curry leaves
- 1 Tomato (cut in strips)
- 1/2 Coconut (grated)
- 1/2 tsp Cornflower
- 1/2 Lime Juice
- Marinate fish in salt for 15-30
minutes and semi-fry carefully
- Saute the onion, ginger,
chillies, curry leaves, tomato in oil till light brown.
- Soak the grated coconut in warm
water and then remove and keep aside first milk.
- Take rest of the milk, pour into
fried masala and put in fish pieces. Cook for 10 minutes.
- When cooked add cornflower
dissolved in water and boil. Then add first milk.
- Add juice of half a lime or to