Here's a quick chicken recipe (as
it's name suggests) ... most suitable for bachelors and working
women. It's a great anytime meal for it takes minimal
preparation time and effort, and is tasty inspite of that.
- 2 chicken legs (whole)
- 3 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp haldi (turmeric) powder
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- 1 tsp jeera powder
- 1 spoon garlic paste or 4-5
garlic pods crushed
- 3-4 small tomatoes
- a handful of french
- salt to taste
- a loaf of fresh bread of your
- Rub the salt and a little
garlic paste into the chicken, and leave for 10 mins.
- To save on cooking time, dump
the chicken and (whole) beans into the cooker with some water
and cook for 5-7 mins. after the whistle.
- Once cooked, mix the spices and
garlic paste all together. (You can use other curry masalas,
instead of these spices for variety.)
- Remove the chicken from its soup
and keep aside to cool and dry for a few mins.
- Once dry, rub the spicy mixture
into the chicken.
- Remove and keep aside the french
beans to serve as they are.
- Chop the tomatoes into quarters
and fry them in oil.
- Once softened, add the chicken
and fry thoroughly.
- Serve the chicken on a plate
with the french beans on the side, with chunks of fresh bread.
Tip: You can either add
some of the chicken stock to the dish while frying if you want a
little gravy, or else, drink it as a light soup before the meal.
Add a soup cube if necessary.